Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sadness of a Summer's Afternoon - Uskon päivään kauniimpaan

Päivi Paunu recorded "Uskon päivään kauniimpaan" (I believe in a more bautiful day) in 1971 for her album of the same name. The Finnish lyrics were made by Vexi Salmi. I coukd see hit potential in the song, and it was released as a single, but only on the B-side to her cover of Band's "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down". The original version of today's finnpick "Sadness Of A Summer's Afternoon" is quite a rare song, and I apologize of the inferior quality of the recording. But that's the only version I found. The performer is called James Horne, and the song was released on the UK RAK label in 1971. I don't know anything about James Horne, but the composers of the song are familiar (finnpicked before) - Alan Blaikley and Ken Howard.

54 Finnpicks to go.

Here's the pair:

No comments: