Sunday, July 17, 2011

You're My Heart, You're My Soul - Ota kii

This song was recorded in Finnish in 7 different versions in 1985. So it must have been a ultra-popular song. Well - it was, but actually none of the Finnish covers - all titled "Ota kii" (lyrics by Chrisse Johansson) - were charted hits. The most played one was done by Meiju Suvas, but I prefer the one by Seija Simola. Alas, I present them both here.  The original "You're My Heart, You're My Soul" was performed by was a German dance pop duo Modern Talking  It consisted of Thomas Anders and Dieter Bohlen, anf they were Germany's most successful pop act of the 80's. They had several hit singles reaching the top 5 all over the world. The studio vocal line up of Rolf Köhler, Michael Scholz and Detlef Wiedeke produced the high choruses characteristic of Modern Talking, but were never credited on their albums, and eventually went to law over the matter."You're My Heart, You're My Soul" was Modern Talking's first hit single and sold eight million copies world-wide. You can see them perform the song, here.

Here's the triplet:

No comments: