Monday, December 6, 2010

Glass of Champagne - Lasi samppanjaa


Today is the Independence Day of Finland, and I think we could celebrate it by raising a glass of champagne. Neumann (see earlier entry) recorded "Lasi samppanjaa" (A glass of champagne) in 1992 for his album "Tähti ja meripoika". It was also released as a single, but didn't hit the charts. The original song was called "Glass of Champagne" and it was a smash hit for Sailor. This band was my my favourite band of the 70's and was led by musical genius Georg Kajanus. His biography tells us that he was born in Norway and was the son of a Russian prince and the granddaughter of Finnish composer and conductor Robert Kajanus. Well. I'm nor sure if this is all true, but nevertheless, Kajanus's music is superb. The three first Sailor albums in the 70's are all my favourites and one can only wonder why there are only couple of finnpicked Sailor songs. Tomorrow I will present an other one ... You can see Sailor perform the "Champagne" song, here.

Here's the pair:

No comments: